Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More finished stealth projects

I gave away the last of the stealth projects last Tuesday night. They were my friend Beth's Christmas presents. First, this bracelet and earring set:



I had to replace the toggle, since this one came undone twice in the hour or so that she had it on. I was afraid of that. I originally used a toggle just like it on the peppermint bracelet and it kept coming apart on me. It fell off at work and broke some of the beads so I had to re-do it. Not a big deal, but I didn't get a picture of the new version.

The second stealth project was this:



A 7-foot+ scarf. Here's a close-up:



The pattern is a modified version of My So Called Scarf. I only cast on 26 stitches, and the first and last stitch of each row is a knit. Then I followed the stitch pattern. I think it gave the edge a nicer finish. Here's how it looked the first time I started it, just following the pattern as given:


The color is more accurate in this picture, I think

See how the left edge is kinda bumpy? That bugged me, so I changed it. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay in the sage colorway. Yes, sage. You'd think it would be green, right? I guess the flowers of the sage plant are purple.

I was worried about it being so long, but Beth is 5'9" and she loved it. She said she was hoping one of the stealth projects was for her. Happy to oblige. :)

Another "sleepy kitties in the chair" picture:


"We do this a lot."

No comments: