Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The knitting....

I mentioned last time that there has been some knitting, so here goes.  I've made progress on two pairs of socks.

Stepping Stones in Sensations Bamboo & Ewe, for Mom

Plain socks in Destination Yarn, Vancouver Five Rings colorway
I just started the heel flaps on Mom's socks, and finished the heel turn and started on the gussets of the plain socks.

If you recall, February was for Finishing, so I finished a sweater.

Shalom Cardigan, in Bernat Natural Alpaca Blends


The back



Close-up of the front
The pattern just calls for one color, but I had to add the extra challenge of using two. It was my first sweater, so why make it easy?  It really wasn't that much more difficult and took just under a month to make, which was pretty amazing to me. It seems to take forever to make a pair of socks but using bulky yarn on big needles makes a difference.

  
"It's not quite big enough yet, Mama."
"I think I look pretty good on this."



 The girls helped a lot with the sweater while I was making it.





Oooo, pretty!

I entered the project in the contest over at Life in Cleveland, and I won a prize! This is a lovely fused glass necklace, and along with it came a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for classes at Crafty Goodness in Lakewood.  I haven't decided what to take, but I'm sure it will be fun.






I think I've been bitten by the sweater bug.  I cast on this one on March 1st.  It's another knit along with some of my friends.  We were supposed to start on Leap Day, but it didn't quite work out.  I'm up to the second button hole, despite not spending much time on it.

February Lady Sweater, in Berroco Vintage, Juniper colorway
And since this is the first day of spring, I plan to start a sweater to go with the socks I started last year on the first day of spring.  The lace pattern looks the same as the socks.

Petal, in Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Tonos Pima Silk

And finally, Emma decided my knitting bag, with my Shalom sweater in it, makes an excellent kitty bed.

"Cozy!"

Now I'm off to swatch for the new sweater....


1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Love! Is that cat ever "out of the bag" in your house? lol...I crack me up.