Saturday, December 31, 2011

Miss me?

Did you notice I was gone?  I won't make excuses for the absence - I've been a lazy blogger. I have been crafting, though.

Ethan's Star pattern, from Quiltmaker magazine
First up, I made this quilt for my friend Dawn who's expecting twins any day now.  Jenny, standing behind Dawn, is holding the matching burp cloths that I didn't get a picture of. They're cloth diapers with fabric that matches the quilts sewn down the center.

Wait, did I say quilts, plural?  Well, of course.  Two babies, two quilts.  My friend Michelle made this one.

We found out later that she was going to have monkeys in the babies' room

I think it's upside down, but whatever....


Next, I made this little shrug to go with a dress I bought, but I didn't get a picture the one time I wore them together.  So I took it to the farm and had Andrea take a picture for me.











At the beginning of December, there was a Christmas party with the knitters.  My friend Pretty Knitty Jewelry is a better blogger than I am, so you can check out her blog post about the party here. She and I are the ones with matching socks in the big sock picture.  She couldn't show you the stocking stuffers in her post, but I can.

Lots of wonderful goodies!




Ooooo, shiny!
I made these as my stocking stuffers. They're etched glass ornaments stuffed with wool roving mixed with a little angelina fiber for sparkle. I used six different snowflake stencils for the etching and made several different colors.  I tried to match the color to the recipient and these were the ones I had left over.
A crappy picture in general, but you can see the snowflake.

I whipped up about a dozen of these little pocket pack tissue holders for the doctors and staff at the vet's office.  They all had different dog and cat fabrics, all from my stash.

These two are mine.

There has been knitting, of course.  After I finished the Christmas socks, I cast on these:

Plain sock in Destination Yarn's in Vancouver 2010 Five Rings

When I finished these...
Spring Fern Socks in Knit Picks Stroll Tonals, Springtime

...I started these for my Mom.  Not much to show, yet, I know. But they should go pretty fast. I hope.

Stepping Stones in Sensations Bamboo and Ewe


Falling Leaves in Knit Picks Stroll Tonals in Foliage
Earlier today, I went to the farm again and cast  on these as a new knit-along with my friends, Julie and Ann. I had to rip mine out because I didn't knitting the first couple of rounds tight enough.  I plan to start over as soon as I post this.







While we were together, we took a picture of our last knit-along.  Look familiar?  That yarn is pretty popular this year, I guess.

Plain sock pattern, Wisdom Marathon North Pole yarn in Merry Merry

Well, that about wraps up my year.  I'm off to cast on those socks and drink a toast to the new year. Here's to a happy and healthy 2012.

Blue and Emma say....

Happy New Year!






2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Happy New Year Connie! May 2012 be full of knitting and quilting for you!

Ann B. H. said...

Love the bumper sticker!
we really should have taken our sock picture without the rug in the background, but oh well.