Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February is for Finishing

Really short post today.  Lots to do.

I almost finished this little quilt in time to be entered in the first contest but I still had some of the binding to stitch down.



It was a kit I bought at a NEORQC Getaway several years ago.  The fabrics are all batiks and the outer border is a very dark blue/black.  I happened to have a spool of thread with all the colors in it, so I used that to quilt it.  I didn't take a picture of the back.  It's a pinkish purple batik, but for some reason, they added some red/brown splashes on it.  It looks like it's been crumpled up in rust water.  But it came with the kit, and it's the back, so you won't see it much.

Before I get back to my finishing, I'd like to say that cats like grass.


They don't digest it very well, though. Ask me how I know.  Better yet, don't.

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

That quilt is amazing! I can't look away from the striking colors...

Michelle B said...

So pretty! You should bring it to knitting so we can see it in real life!