Wednesday, September 29, 2010

42

If you're a Douglas Adams fan, you know that 42 is the answer. But what's the question? How about - "How old are you?" Yep, I'm now 42. And how did I spend the last few weeks of being 41?

Well, I made this baby quilt for my cousin's baby, who is due in a few weeks:



I use the Disappearing 9-Patch technique with a couple of charm packs plus a few extra 10-inch squares. On the back, I used a non-pill fleece print:



I still have to make a label, once baby Josie is actually born. I hope she likes it!

I worked on my socks:


Plain vanilla socks in Koigu KPPPM

And more socks [did you know it takes longer to knit lace?]


Karira socks in Destination Yarn, Tuscany colorway

And a scarf:


Garter stitch scarf in Bernat Softee Chunky yarn

I went to quilt camp, but I didn't accomplish much there. I put together the back for Big Blue, which I didn't get a picture of before I sent it to the quilter. I'll get pictures when it comes back. I also did some stealth sewing that I can't show you yet.

When I wasn't knitting or sewing, I hit a few of the shops on the 2010 Yarn Discovery Tour. I only made it to 6 of the 13 shops, but I won a prize! This is the shop prize from Soft 'n Sassy:


Namaste Binder bag, The Knitter's Guide to Yarn Cocktails (book), a pair of size 10.5 wood needles, a pack of Eucalan wipes and some project labels.

And a picture of the inside of the bag:



Now, I admit the color combination would not have been my first choice, but I think it's growing on me. Now to fill up the pockets with all my knitting goodies.... :-)

Over the weekend, I went to my friends' annual Oktoberfest party. I made a pretty good banana-pineapple bundt cake to take, which I didn't get a picture of. I'll post the recipe later this week or over the weekend, though.

Oh, and while I was in my sewing room, naturally, I had help.


"Mama, what's that out the window?"

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Of course you had help! There is no other way, I tell you! Everything looks lovely!