Monday, February 4, 2008

The last set (long)

Okay, I admit, I was very lax over the weekend and didn't post anything new. I was busy socializing on Saturday, then on Sunday I was catching up on all things I didn't get done at home on Saturday.

I didn't even watch the SuperBowl. I know, I'm so un-American. I was in my sewing room trying to get this week's block done. And I did - it's the last block on this page. I got it's companion block (i.e., the other one in the same fabric) mostly done, then realized that I put it together in the wrong order, so I had to rip it out today. I'll finish that one, along with this week's triangle, block and it's "buddy" tomorrow and/or Wednesday night. Thursday is my Dear Jane meeting at the library, so I'll try to work on last week's triangle then. I hate to lug my machine around, so I tend to just take hand work with me there. Someone sent me her paper-piecing chart for last week's block, but it will look a lot better (to me) if it's hand-pieced.

Then I really, really, have to work on Something Else. Finishing the weird little crazy quilt for the NEORQC Getaway at the end of the month is pretty high on the list, since that has a deadline. Oh, and I have finish Big Red by the 12th, since I promised my friend Beth I'd have it done for Show & Tell at the next guild meeting. My cousin gave me a temporary stay on the baby quilt she wanted me to make, but I might do that soon anyway. I have a kit for another one in the same pattern, so maybe I'll work on both of them at the same time. That will get the kit off the HSY (Haven't Started Yet) list and bumped up to a WIP (Work In Progress) or onto the finished in 2008 List. That one doesn't exist, since I haven't finished anything yet.

Sigh.... So many projects, so little time.

Meanwhile, here are the last of my Dear Jane blocks. Current totals: 52 Blocks, 16 Triangles, 1 Corner, 1589 pieces. That leaves 117 blocks, 36 triangles, 3 corners and a whole lot of pieces left to go!



This is my first corner kite:



It looks like a big square because I was too chicken to trim it just yet. :-)



This triangle reminds me of a Breast Cancer Ribbon:



I'd take credit for it, but it was really just dumb luck - that block happened to be pink in my color scheme. I'll go ahead and dedicate it to my Mom, who's a 17+ year survivor, though.




[Edit to add: Somehow my pictures disappeared from this post. I posted the ones I know for sure belong here]

No comments: