Monday, January 17, 2011

The thrill of victory....

It's taken me 17 days, and it's about a month later than I needed it, but I finally finished something this year.



And a close-up:



This Christmas tree skirt has been sewn and basted, waiting to be quilted for at least 2 years. Probably more like 3 or 4. Want to know how long it took me to quilt it? About 4 hours, plus another couple of hours to bind it. I'm pretty sure I could have found 6 hours in 3 or 4 years to finish it. No, I don't have an explanation for it, either. Oh well, it's done now.

I had lots of help while I was quilting it.


"Mama, stop moving my quilt around!"


"And if you don't stop, I'll get you with my laser eyes!"

...and the agony of defeat.

As you know, I've been waffling about the Karira socks. I thought I'd finish them and see if they fit me. If they didn't fit me, I was going to see if they fit someone else and if that didn't work out I was going to get some nice sock blockers and hang them on the wall.

But then I was working on them last night and I decided I just couldn't finish them if I wasn't going to be able to wear them. So I took them off the needles, soaked them and put them on sock blockers to dry. I tried them on and have decided that they are just not going to work as socks. The yarn is too pretty to just hang on the wall, so I'm thinking that I'll rip them back to before the linen stitch heels (that took forever to knit) and make fingerless mitts out of them.


I think they'll look pretty good as mitts

I haven't had the nerve to actually rip them back yet. Maybe later this week.

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but have you ever cut into a pepper and found a little one inside?


Pretty cool, huh?

And in cat news there's been quite a bit of male bonding and brotherly love going on here.


"This is a pretty cool basket Mama left out for us"


Hanging out on the chair


"I love you, little brother"

2 comments:

Michelle B said...

Yay you finished the tree skirt! Think how nice it will be when you pull it out done next December!!! Looks great!

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

It's always good when the cats approve of something that will end up on the floor...and it's good to finally make a decision on those socks...knitting limbo sucks.