Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Talk to the hand

I FINALLY finished my socks-turned-mitts!




That's the Karira sock pattern done with Destination Yarn in the Tuscany, Italy colorway. I posted my mods to convert the pattern from sock to mitts here (Ravelry link). I got this cool hand mannequin (handequin?) at the craft store to help show off my mitt. Without "Thing", you'd just get pictures like this:


Backs


Palms

They look better on Thing, don't they?
And this shows how far I had done as a sock, and how much I had to rip back.



It was painful to rip it all back but I'm much happier with them as mitts than I was with them as socks. This way I can see all the work I did on them. And as a bonus, I have enough yarn to make a pair of (probably short) socks with contrasting heels and toes. Yay!

After I finished the mitts, I started some new socks (sorry for the crappy picture):


Toe up, two at a time, on two circular needles with sparkly Christmas yarn

It's a self-patterning yarn in red, white and green with a gold metallic strand running through it. I'm hoping they'll be nearly identical when they're done. It'll be fun to see how that goes.

I've been having lots of fun with the kitties lately. Did you know cats can have high blood pressure? They can, and Ripley does.


Look at that tiny little BP cuff!
"Mama, I can't believe you're going to post this picture."


She's on blood pressure medicine and it seems to be working. I had to get the prescription filled at my local CVS. They asked if I had insurance for it, and they didn't even look at me funny when I told them it was for my cat. Makes me wonder how often that happens.

Over the weekend, I was trying to do the hand stitching on Big Blue. The crabby girls had a different idea.


"This is pretty comfy. We approve."

I had to change the water in my aquarium, too. I left the linen cabinet door open so I could grab more towels when I needed them.


"Max was right, it's cozy in here!"

2 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Huh...I had no idea cats could come out of the closet...I guess you learn something new every day.

Michelle B said...

Yay They are finished!!