Saturday, April 26, 2008

Progress

Those of you who are paying attention will notice that I've changed the title of my blog. It's now a quilting and knitting blog. After a rocky start, I've decided that I might just stick with this knitting thing after all. I've officially started collecting yarn, but (so far) I have projects in mind for all of it. I'm sure that will change.... :)

Knit stuff

I've made progress on my incredible shrinking scarf:



I call it that because it started out about 6" wide, but the ribbing shrunk it to about 3". John likes it, and asked if it was his, so I guess it is.

These showed up yesterday:



Aren't they pretty? They're
Options Interchangeable Harmony Wood Circular needles from KnitPicks. They're made of laminated wood in different colors. A lady at a sit & knit the other night was knitting socks on a pair of double-pointed needles (DPNs) made from the same wood. They're really smooth and very pretty. I got the set plus the size 13 tips in the picture. I need the 13s for the felted clogs pattern that Sarah recommended. We'll see how those work out for me. :)

Quilt Stuff

I started John's quilt, finally. I started cutting strips of the main fabric last Sunday, but I didn't have enough of the sashing fabric. I bought more on Thursday and so far I've completed the top:



And the back:



Gotta love a simple design. I think it was a good idea to just give him the fabric and let him decide what he wanted it to look like. I would have come up with something a lot more complex than this. I don't have enough batting to put it together, so as soon as I get more I can baste it and start quilting. If I'm lucky, I'll get it quilted before I leave for my quilting weekend on Friday. I don't mind sewing the binding on there, but I'd rather quilt it here at home where I have nice, big, flat surface to work on.

Thirty minutes till a conference call. I sure am glad I'm only on call every 6 weeks.....


No comments: