Sunday, January 20, 2008

First Post!

Well, here's my first blog post. Let me start off by saying I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. I mostly wanted to share pictures of my various quilt projects without having to send pictures to everyone. My big project right now is my Baby Jane quilt. It's a reproduction of a quilt made by Jane Stickle during the civil war. The original quilt has 169 squares, 52 triangle blocks and 4 kite-shaped blocks in the corners. You can see it at http://www.dearjane.com.

I have 50 blocks, 15 triangles and 1 corner kite done so far. That's 1513 pieces!! Since 66 is a lot of things to post at once, I'll post them in the order I did them.


Here are the first 10 blocks:



Let me just say that the scanner did not do a very good job reproducing the colors. The background fabric is actually black, not greenish-brown. The focus fabric colors are all Jinny Beyer prints and most are much more vibrant than shown.

Also, please
disregard any cat hairs you might see on the pictures. The furry babies like to help, and it's darned hard to get those little fine hairs off the blocks. :)






1 comment:

Darlene Wegrynowski said...

Great job Connie! You are truly a highly skilled quilter to work with such little pieces and have them come out so perfect. Someday when I get free time I would like to do the Jennifer Chiaverini sampler. Have you checked that one out? You should attach your blog somehow to the NCN Yahoo groups for our members to follow. I wonder if you took digital photos would your color be true?