Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

This is one of the Christmas trees in the lobby of my office.



We've had a little snow, but not too much on the west side of Cleveland. I'm sure my friends on the east side will have a different story. There is a reason I'm a west-sider. Can you say "lake effect snow"??

Don't hate me, but I've done quite a bit of Christmas shopping already. I'm just about done with a few of the people on my list, and I know what I'm getting most of the others. Whee! Along the way, as usual, I've picked up some things for myself and/or the house. For example, I bought a new welcome mat for the front porch, which is something I've needed for quite a while. Apparently both the new doormat and the ratty old one have fascinating scents.



Also, I mentioned my stash acquisitions, and here they are:



That's three balls of sock yarn at the top. The two on the right are Harry Potter sock yarn by Opal, in the "Ron" and "Harry" colorways. The one on the left is a cotton blend, and the colors remind me of rainbow sherbet. [Have I mentioned that my first sock is till only about 3 rows long? Irrelevant, I'm sure.] The two at the bottom are a fantastically soft yarn called Touch Me, which I did and therefore had to have some. This is not cheap yarn but they had a scarf knit out of it at the shop and I couldn't stopping touching it. I'm thinking of knitting a pillow cover out of it. I might not even put the pillow into it. I might just pet it when it's done. It's *that* soft!

In other knitty news, I worked a bit on one of the stealth projects after dinner on Thanksgiving. I'm about 4% done with it. Fortunately, the deadline for that is a few months away. Sorry, there's not enough of it to photograph just yet.

Here's another stealth project I'm working on.



That's a pretty close-up shot, so hopefully you can't really tell what it is. It has a closer deadline, and I'd say I'm about 40% done with that one. It's not a hard knit, but I do have to pay attention to what I'm doing. It's probably a good thing I'm on vacation next week, though.

One of the stealth projects I was working on a month or so ago is done and has been delivered. I thought I'd taken a picture of it, but apparently I didn't. Anyway, it was a chemo cap for a friend of mine who started treatments this week. I'm hoping the fact that she has a chemo cap will keep her from losing her hair.

Finally, you might remember the billiards quilt I made for John this past spring. He keeps it folded up on top of the entertainment center (which is about 4-1/2 feet tall), trying to keep the cat hair off of it. How do you think that's working out?


Don't tell Papa I'm here, okay?

Max has always loved high places - one of his favorite spots is the top of the fridge. I have a feeling he sleeps on the quilt at night
, since he's usually "vulturing" (picture Snoopy leaning over the edge of his doghouse) on the entertainment center when I get up in the morning.

No comments: