Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I got home safely from my trip Friday night. I'll post a picture of my yarn stash additions from the week soon. It wasn't *too* bad....

Since my last post, I started the quasi-stealth project that I was swatching last time. I also started another stealth knitting project that has a deadline. I'm a little over 10% done with that, but it's pretty quick knit, as long as I pay attention.

I think the cats were happy to have me home, if having them follow me around everywhere I went was any indication. Here's a crappy cell phone camera action shot of four of them "helping" me make the bed on Sunday.



That's everyone but Ripley, who was probably camped out on a kitchen chair at the time. The heat register is under the kitchen table, of course.

I decided to go ahead and give my Secret Santa kid the weird little hat I knitted, along with the scarf that matches. If he can't/won't wear them, hopefully someone he knows can/will.

The last two nights this week have involved these:



That's two of the four bags of homemade rolls I made for various Thanksgiving dinners today. YUM! We're off to my uncle's house for dinner. I'm looking forward to it, since I only see my extended family every other year these days.

And since it's Thanksgiving, I'll do the "traditional thing" and list a few of the things I'm thankful for. Of course there are the things nearly everyone has on their lists: Family, friends, and pets. Also, my health and the overall health of my friends, family and pets. There are a few members of that group who have some health issues, but they're still with us, so I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful I have a job, and can pay my bills. I know people who are worried about those things, so I'm wishing the best to them.

And a few frivolous things I'm thankful for: fabric, yarn and all the assorted goodies and gadgets that go along with them, good books and books on CD, which make my daily commute much more entertaining! Oh, and I'm very thankful for my bread machine (see photo above for reference)!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Be safe, and remember, Thanksgiving calories don't count!! ;-)

No comments: