Sunday, March 8, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

Can I just say that I hate Daylight Savings Time in the spring? There's just something so wrong with making the weekend a whole hour shorter.

Anyway, I know it's been pretty slim pickin's here lately, craft-wise. I have been busy working on stuff, but it's all been unbloggable. I didn't even work on my Dear Jane blocks at my meeting Thursday night. However, notice that I did finish the latest stealth project! I still can't blog about it yet, but soon. Very soon.

Meanwhile, since I finished that, I'm back to working on my second sock. I've acquired a bit more sock yarn lately, so I figure I should really get past the first pair. Here's the second sock's current state:



I turned the heel and picked up the stitches for gusset. All ready to start my decreases for the foot. I'd say I've officially hit the home stretch. Yay!

It seems strange to have that big project done. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself now. Okay, yes, I'll finish this sock, then cast on another one (or two). I haven't decided if I'm going to do the next pair toe up, on the square DPNs or on two circular needles. I have a couple of books that talk about using two circulars. My friend did some two-a-at-time socks and didn't care for it. But I borrowed a book from the library that has instructions for making two socks at a time, using worsted weight yarn. I have some self-patterning worsted weight yarn, so that might be worth a shot. They should go together pretty fast, at least.

I suppose I should also get back to my felted clogs and that lace scarf I started months ago. By the time I'm done, it'll be too warm to use them (I hope!). The problem with those projects is they actually require some concentration. It was risky enough turning the heel while watching crack (aka '24') earlier today. Once I get to the foot of the sock, it will be good mindless knitting, though. And we won't get to watch any more crack till next weekend, so I'll have time to prepare. :)

Happy Daylight Savings Time. Bleah.

No comments: