Sunday, April 5, 2009

Boy, that was a long week!

So, when we last left off, Blue was home from his surgery and awaiting test results. We got the biopsy results back on Friday and he doesn't have IBD or any kind of cancer. The doctor also said if he was allergic enough to the food that it made him throw up, she would have expected to see a lot more inflammation than she did. So basically, we still don't really know what's wrong with him.

I gave them a fecal sample to test for weird parasites. The plan is to keep him on the Green Peas and Duck food for 3-4 weeks then try to move him back to the Blue Buffalo food. That will make it a little less complicated to feed the cats. It's a nightmare now - five cats being fed in 5 different rooms.

Blue managed to pull out a staple Thursday night, which got him another car ride and a new accessory:


Just a little off the top, please.

But last night he found another way to wear it:


Is this why Papa calls me a sissy-boy?

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture, but it's *really* hard to get him to stay still after being locked up alone all night. I got some really funny video of him in the skirt, and impersonating a satellite dish and walking backwards after I put the collar on him the first time, but I can't post it here. Blogspot doesn't appear to like the format. Today he must be feeling better, since he was running around like crazy. I feel sorry for him - he's just a baby and wants to play. He doesn't know he's not supposed to. What a goofball.

Speaking of goofballs, this kitty had his teeth cleaned on Friday and didn't have to have anything pulled!



The vet said he had another questionable tooth back in September, but they didn't see anything this time. Weird. Notice Max is sitting on the printer/scanner/copier with his paw is on the buttons. This is a favorite nap spot for him, especially when I'm in the computer room. This habit results in a lot of scans and copies like this:


I have to make sure I don't leave anything on the scan bed, or I waste a lot of ink.

In other news, my dad had an emergency appendectomy Friday night. He's okay, but they're keeping him till at least today. So I spent yesterday at the hospital with him and my mom. While I was there, I finished this:


Really long garter stitch scarf made of Lion Brand Colorama yarn (discontinued)

I had to weave in the ends with a pair of mini tweezers from my Leatherman since I didn't have a yarn needle with me. I don't recommend it. Not fun. I need to put together a knitting/sewing emergency kit and keep it with me. I have some ideas, one of which I can thank Sarah for. I'll keep you posted on the progress of that little project.

My brother had to work yesterday, so we he got home, he and my mom and I went out to dinner at The New Era in Akron. If you like chicken paprikash and are in the Akron area, definitely check it out. The prices have gone up from the what is listed on their online menu. It's now $9.50, not $8.50, but you get 4 chunks of meat (i had a leg, thigh and two pieces of breast meat), a side dish, and strudel for dessert. Still a pretty good deal, if you ask me, since I couldn't finish it all. Oh, their bread is good, too!

My brother works at a sports bar, and he gave me this, along with a request to make him a quilt from them. Time to check out Google for ideas.....


That's a lot of Crown Royal bags!

Oh, one other thing, I'm ready to turn the heel on my latest sock.



That looks a little long to me, but I've never done a short-row heel before, so I'm going with the instructions. I'm sure I can find someone who can wear them if I can't.

No comments: