Friday, March 5, 2010

Better late than never

I finished the Mermaid socks!


Show-Off Stranded Socks, by Anne Campbell in KnitPicks Risata, Woodland Sage colorway

I didn't make it in time for the closing Olympic ceremonies, but I finished the 2nd sock in less than 3 weeks, which is a record for me. I could have done it in the 17-day limit, if I'd even really tried. But I'm okay with my performance.



They aren't the most form-fitting socks I've made, since they're a little bunched up on the top. I think it's the cotton blend yarn.



But they're pretty, and comfy, so I'm keeping them.

Last night was Dear Jane night and I finished another (easy) block.


K-7, Rose of Sharing

I have a fun project planned for this weekend. It involves yarn, Kool Aid, Easter egg dye and my microwave. Stay tuned for more details.

In cat news, we've decided that Ripley will not have surgery at this time. At her advanced age, we think that the stress of what would be a 3-day hospital visit (with I.V. fluids the day before and after surgery) would be a bit much for her. She really doesn't seem all that bothered by her bum knee. She's still limping, but not as quite as much, and she's still able to jump up on the bed at night. If it seems to get worse, we'll reconsider, but for the time being she seems to be holding her own.


"I don't like hospitals, Mama."

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Your blog readers should know that those socks are even prettier in person! ;-) And I am glad the kitty is feeling better...