Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Done

The pool quilt is DONE! Seriously, if anyone wants you to put 2 layers of batting in a quilt, think very hard before you say yes. This one has 2 layers of Warm & Natural in it. If I'd had time and access to a quilt shop, I might have been able to get away with the thickest version of Quilter's Dream, which would have been slightly thinner than this.

But it's done. Puckered, but done. Here are the front and back:



Here's the label (I love my embroidery machine!!):



John's been calling me "Little" for years (even before we were a couple), so "Big" became his nickname based on that. It has nothing to do with Sex and the City. The Pool Shark design is one I used on a denims shirt for him a few years ago.

And somewhere under here is a very happy recipient:



He was so excited that it was cool here yesterday so he could lay under it for a while. :)

Now I just have to make a second pillow case and embroider names (Big and Little, of course) on both of them. I have the names digitized and ready to go already. Just have to swap sewing machines around, and straighten up the sewing room a bit first. Maybe tonight.....

I started yet another knitting project. It's a little knit mouse for the cats - as if they need another toy! But these are cute, and they'll give me good practice on increases and decreases. The pattern is here. You might need a password to see that one, I'm not sure. I'm not using their yarn because I haven't found it locally yet. The pattern uses 2 strands of their superwash wool sock-weight (1) yarn. I'm using a single strand of acrylic sport weight (3) on the same size needles. I didn't check gauge, but I figure it's a cat toy, so who cares? So far the cats like it. Emma was batting around the tail of my cast-on last night. I'm only 3 rows in, so no picture yet. Maybe later this week when it looks more like something.

No comments: