Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too pretty to eat (almost)

I had dinner with a friend of mine the other night at Wild Mango. It can be a bit pricey, depending on what you order, but she had a BOGO coupon (up to $16 value), which helped. We're both trying to curb our spending habits. This is one of those places where they serve not just food, but art:



One the left, the Chicken Trio - chicken cheesecake, chicken breast and drumstick with various accompaniments. On the right, sweet potato fries, topped with romano fried shrimp, steamed spinach and crunchy rice(?) noodles. The presentation was lovely and the food was really tasty!

We shared the tiramisu for dessert, but I apparently forgot to save the picture of that, with it's caramelized sugar tower. All very delicious.

Even the restrooms are cool in this place. Here is one of the sinks in the ladies' room:


Pretty wild, huh?

In crafty news, last Sunday I put together these blocks for a group project:



That's 24 blocks worth, fortunately all strip-pieced from various batiks and some very cool white jacquard shirting fabrics. I started these before some work-related ugliness, and finished them after. I sure hope they're the right size!! :-)

I finished Stealth Project 2 yesterday!! All the ends are woven in and it's just waiting for pictures to be taken and to be given to it's intended recipient. Once that's done, I'll post the pictures. Right now, I'm heading to the sewing room to work on something. I haven't quite decided what, exactly. I was going to baste The Ugly, but I don't feel like it. I'll post pictures and the story of The Ugly once I get it basted. Instead, I think I'll clear up some of the baby-related stuff I have in the sewing room. I have some girlie flannel & ric-rac to make a receiving blanket, and I bought some flannel to use up the rest of the blue minkee. Then I'll be ready the for the next acquaintance who has a baby - boy or girl. :-)

That's all. I can't believe my 3-day weekend (boss gave me a comp. day on Friday) is nearly over already! You'd think I would have accomplished more, but I did do a lot of knitting on the Stealth Project, I guess. That's something....

No comments: