Saturday, January 17, 2009

Socks, blocks, flowers and other stuff

I finished the toe on my first sock and started the second.



The ribbing is done and now I have a few inches of plain stockinette stitch to do. They will be fraternal, not identical socks, but they're pretty close.

Thursday was quilt night with the girls from work, and I finished two more Dear Jane blocks.



That's block C-6 and B-1, respectively. I'm up to 66 blocks now, not counting the one I have re-do. I'm making progress towards my goal of 85. They're not perfect, but they're Done, which is good.

Here are a couple of flower pictures to brighten up a cold winter day.



The first is a rose plant K gave me over the summer. There were three of them in the office at one point. Inexplicably, the only one still living is mine. Very strange, since I normally can't keep plants alive. The second picture is an amaryllis, which used to belong to me. I got it as a Christmas gift several years ago and despite severe neglect, it managed to stay alive at my house for a while. Then the cats started munching on it and it was time for the plant to go. One of the guys in the office had one in the window already, so I gave it to him to take care of. It's done really well under his care. There are two blooms on it, but I only took a picture of one. In the background you can see the big ship anchored in the seemingly frozen river.

In the "other stuff" category, we have this, which will be a Lovely Leaf Lace Scarf someday.



And the red mouse toy that Runt believes really wants to live in the kitty fountain.



This picture was taken about 5 minutes after I had removed said mouse from the fountain. I keep taking it out of the fountain, and Runt keeps putting it back in. I've pretty much given up. I can't imagine it does much for the flavor of the water, but what do I know?

No comments: