Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, new stuff

I've already finished something in 2009, and I actually did it on Jan 1! Observe, new furniture throws:


They *are* the same color, but one picture was taken with my camera w/flash, and the other one John took with his cell phone, no flash. Apparently Emma's eyes were glowing huge and green with the flash. The covers aren't fancy, just big denim rectangles, but it took a bit of time to measure, cut, seam, square up and hem pieces of denim that long. Hopefully the new covers will do a better job of keeping the cat hair off the furniture. Here's a hint: Don't ever use fleece for furniture covers if you have 5 cats.


We approve the new cover!

Other new stuff, I went to the LYS to get help on my stealth project. They were very helpful, and I'm very grateful that I don't have to rip back 3" x 20" of knitting for a re-do! While I was there, I might have picked up some more sock knitting stuff:



That's a ball of Berocco Comfort Sock yarn in color #1813, a ball of Opal Harry Potter sock yarn in the Draco colorway and 2 sets of US size 2 needles in different lengths. I thought I'd at least try the bamboo. I lovelovelove my Harmony Wood needles from Knitpicks.com, but the stitches are kind of hard to see when you're using darker yarn, like my socks are. This purchase put me over the limit to get a $25 gift certificate. I'm not sure I want to know how much that means I've spent there, or over what period of time. It's a quilt and knit shop, so I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding something to spend it on.

I have made progress on my sock, but I want to wait till the first one is done to post a picture. Meanwhile, here is a picture of a previously stealth knitting project.



It the Meandering Rib Scarf, done in worsted weight Wool Ease in whatever their Fisherman colorway. It was a Christmas gift for my friend, Angie. I was going to knit a matching hat, of my own design, but I ran out of time. It's a good thing I didn't bother, because she doesn't wear hats - they mess up her hair. :)

Oh, I've added another quilt goal for 2009 - Finish The Ugly. Must get that done. The top and back have been done for at least 3 years now. I started it back in 2001. It's almost as old as Big Blue!

No comments: