Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm baaack!

What a difference a few hours in the air makes! I was here last week:



That's Sun Microsystems campus in Menlo Park, CA. When we arrived in San Francisco (an hour early, btw) on Monday, it was around 70 degrees F, which is unseasonably warm for this time of year. I went to my hotel room, opened the balcony door and enjoyed the fresh air. Those pictures were taken Tuesday. By Wednesday, it was overcast, a little drizzly and in the 50s and 60s for the rest of the week. Of course, when I left Cleveland, it was 10 degrees F, and had been snowing off and on for a week or two,so I wasn't going to complain.

This was waiting for me at home:



But so was this:



So it's all good.

I did get a lot of knitting done while I was gone. If you notice on the list to the right, I'm up to 30% done on the stealth knitting project, and I was only at 10% when I left. That's a whole skein of yarn's worth of knitting. Too bad I can't show it to you. I know, i'm such a tease... :)

I also made some progress on my second sock, which I can show you.



I'm on about my 4th row of the heel flap, but you can't really tell from that picture. My right thumb was really bothering me, so I gave it a little rest over the weekend. I also gave it a paraffin bath yesterday. Very nice!

And on a final note, can someone explain this to me?? I appreciate that it takes creativity to come up with something like that, but I just don't get it. Am I the only one who sees a big nose and lips?? Click around the other collections, too. Very bizarre, IMHO.

No comments: