Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here's a tip....

If you're in the middle of an intersection waiting to turn left and the light turns red, TURN LEFT!


[yes, my car needs a bath, but hey, it's winter in Cleveland, why bother?]

DO NOT BACK UP, like the guy in the Ryder truck in front of me did this morning. I hit the horn, but not in time to keep him from hitting me. I couldn't back up, even if I'd had the presence of mind to do so, since there was someone behind me. He said he didn't know I was back there. It was 8:30 in the morning, on a weekday, at a busy intersection. Why wouldn't he expect someone behind him??

To his credit, the driver called the police and told them the truth about what happened. He was cited, I wasn't. The only potential problem I see is that the truck was being rented by the company he works for and the policy notice in the truck said it was expired. Not sure who's going to pay for the damage to my car, but I sure hope it's not me! For now I'm going to hold off and see what the insurance companies come up with. I'm guessing I'll get a new bumper out of the deal, but really, I'd rather have just kept the one I had intact.

In nicer news, I guess I'm not your typical girl, because I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. I'm even less fond of Sweetest Day, but don't get me started on that one. Anyway, John and I said we weren't going to do anything for V-Day. Imagine my surprise when I got home from my errands on Saturday to find this waiting for me.



I might not be a fan of Valentine's Day, but I'm still enough of a girl to enjoy getting flowers (and a scented candle) from my sweetheart. Thanks, John!! :)

In crafty news, I've been working away on the stealth project, but I still can't post any pictures. Until the stealth project is done, there will be very little crafty content (and probably few posts) here. Sorry, folks.

No comments: