Sunday, February 22, 2009

Embroidery and stuff

My embroidery machine has been getting a workout this week. I can't post most of what it's been doing yet, but here's one of the baby quilt labels I made.


I blanked out the last name, it's not a big pucker there.

One of the guys on John's pool team has a new daughter, so this is for her. I have one more label to make, but I'm waiting for John's brother (Grandpa) to get back to me with the correct spelling of the baby's name.

I also put a zipper in my purse today.



I'm not sure I really like it yet, especially since the zipper doesn't match all that well. I'll give it a few days and see.

I've also been busy knitting on my stealth project while watching video crack. The crack in question is '24', which we started getting from Netflix after we caught up on all the CSI episodes available on DVD. It's probably a good thing that I don't watch it in prime time, because I'd go nuts from week to week, waiting to find out what happens next. The writers don't seem to think much of women, though. Most of them are extremely stupid, weak/needy, or evil/conniving. The longer we watch, the more we wonder - is there anyone on the planet dumber than Kim Bauer? We're only 4 hours into season 2, so maybe she'll wise up at the series goes on. We can hope, anyway.

This is what happens to flower arrangements at my house when you forget to lock them up away from the cats at night.



For what it's worth, those leaves upset kitty tummies, and the cats give the leaves back in short order. No pictures of that. You're welcome.

In car news, I had to file a claim with the other insurance company myself. They're going to send an adjuster out Monday or Tuesday to look at the damage and give me an estimate. Then I can take it anywhere I want for repairs.

Back to my knitting. We're out of crack DVDs, though, so hopefully we can find something else to watch.


We'll just stay here in the sewing room, Mama!

No comments: