Sunday, May 10, 2009

5 down, 12 to go

This is what I've been working on this weekend.



Fabric grocery bags. I went through my stash of novelty fabrics and pulled out a whole bunch of pieces big enough to make the bags from. Then I grabbed other fabrics out of the stash that went with them to use as liners. These are the first five. I have twelve more pairs in my sewing room waiting to be cut out and sewn up. They take a bit of time both to cut out and sew together. And getting the gussets at the sides/bottom right is kind of fiddly. But it will be worth it. Assuming I remember to take them to the grocery store, that is. Keeping them in the car is only half the battle. Then I have to remember to take them *inside* with me.

In case you're wondering, I used this tutorial to make them. And they fold up into the pockets like so.



Well these three do, anyway. The pool bag doesn't have a pocket (not enough fabric) and the other fruit bag's pocket isn't really big enough.

Requisite cat pictures


I love my mama!


The view is pretty good from up here!

And people wonder why I always have scratches.....

1 comment:

Monica said...

I made these bags too! Aren't they the greatest - and they make great gifts