Monday, May 4, 2009

Quilt camp wrap-up

The rest of quilt camp got better. I got the machine-pieced part of my re-do triangle done. It needs 3 pieces appliqued onto it, so I'll post a picture of it when it's done. Hopefully I'll get it finished at my Dear Jane meeting Thursday night. Once I do, I'll update my block/triangle/corner/number of pieces count over there on the right.

I made this triangle, which is LS-1, which has 32 pieces in it.



This is D-10, with 42 pieces.



Sometime this week, I hope to get the Big Blue blocks pressed and trimmed to a uniform size. Then I can lay it out and try to get things to match up. Also, I have a couple of quilt tops, besides The Ugly, that I'd like to baste with those smaller pieces of batting. No idea when I'll get them quilted. I need to quilt that tree skirt I mentioned, too.

I did a little knitting on the ride down to camp, but I didn't get a picture of it. It's a simple mistake rib scarf, in charcoal grey yarn, so it wouldn't have been a great picture anyway. I'll probably wait to take a picture of it when it's done.

In other knitting news, I signed up for a class to knit socks on the Magic Loop. I haven't made any progress on the other 3 socks I have on needles at the moment, but I want to try all the methods and see which one I like best.

No comments: