Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Something finished, something started

I finally finished that charcoal scarf that I've been working on but not taking pictures of.



That's a mistake rib pattern over I don't remember how many stitches. I used two balls of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky in the Charcoal colorway. It's very thick and pretty long. I didn't bother blocking or measuring it, since between the pattern and all the acrylic in the yarn, it wouldn't matter. John seems to like it, except for the fact that it catches on all the velcro on his coat and gloves. :(

So since I finished something, I started something else. I was going to make a scarf for myself (and I still might), but then my friend asked me to wind some yarn for her so she can start a shawl. When I asked what pattern she was going to make, she said it was the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl. Since I already have the pattern and yarn for it, I figured I'd go ahead and start one too. We each got about 10 rows done at lunch time today. Here's mine:



That's Cherry Tree Hill Supersock DK in color #907, which I think was one of their potluck colors. It looks like it's kind of close to Misty Moor. The shawl doesn't look like much yet but I'm sure it'll get there. I like how the stitch markers go with the yarn. No, I didn't plan it that way. The knit and purl markers are placed so I know when I'm on an even (purl) row. Pretty clever, huh? Every little bit of idiot-proofing helps when it comes to knitting lace. I have a ball of yarn ready for adding lifelines, too.

Blue had so much fun helping me with breakfast Sunday morning that his little sister decided to help me later in the day while I was organizing my knitting and quilting patterns. Thanks, Runt....


"Helping Mama is FUN!"

No comments: