Sunday, July 5, 2009

Crappy 4th of July weekend

Remember I said I thought I was coming down with something? I had no idea. My throat has been killing me since Wednesday night. I went to the doctor on Thursday and he gave me a prescription for antibiotics. I've been taking them as prescribed and my throat and head still hurt. So far I've spent my whole 3-day (well 4-day if you count the sick day on Thursday) holiday weekend with my butt planted on the couch.

If it was just an average weekend, it would have been bad enough. But my friends were in from Massachusetts, and I missed the party!! I wanted to go, but my throat was still sore and my head was aching. I ended up going to bed at 9:30. Not that it was all that easy to sleep with the neighbors across the street setting off firecrackers till midnight.

It wasn't a total loss, I guess. I did get some knitting done. The two socks at a time have heel flaps and are waiting to have their heels turned.



And I re-started the Show-off Stranded sock with some KnitPicks Risata yarn in the Woodland Sage colorway.



I think this look much better than the other yarn. You can actually see the pattern! I'm naming them my mermaid socks, since pattern reminds me of scales.

In cat news, Emma's been taking lessons from her brother.



John asked if that was a cat butt or if my throat had gotten a LOT worse. :)

No comments: