Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not much progress

John decided against having surgery on his hand. The doctor said he'd still have full functionality if he just went with the cast. John's not a hand model and doesn't care if his fist is a little crooked.

I haven't done much crafty stuff this week. I helped the girls at quilt night make small project bags like my red one. While they were working on those, I did this:



That's 136 2-1/2" squares and 88 2.5" x 6.5" strips of neutral fabrics, plus a few random strips of dark fabric for the Sister's Choice class I'll be taking next month when Bonnie Hunter is in town. I need 288 of each size of the neutrals, plus 576 2.5" squares of purple, and assorted strips of dark and mediums/lights for the 9-patch centers.

I'm flying to Orlando tomorrow for some work-related training. I will be starting a new sock for the plane ride, since my preferred sock project is on metal needles. I'm afraid the TSA folks will take them, even though knitting needles are allowed, per their web site. I have the new sock cast on, but not joined. I'll do that tonight before I get packed.

Hopefully, I'll be able to share some progress while I'm gone. I'm going to try to go to a sit & knit on Tuesday.

Requisite (if a bit blurry) cat picture:


"Mama, we're too cute for you to leave us!"

No comments: