Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I scream, you scream

Doesn't this washcloth remind you of neapolitan ice cream?



It's Bernat Handicrafter in the Rosewood color. I hope it doesn't keep pooling like that. On the next row after this picture was taken, the "strawberry" color moved farther over into the "chocolate" area, so I think it'll be okay. Maybe it will give me a zig-zag like the blue/green/yellow one did. In keeping with the ice cream theme, I guess this one would be vanilla:



That's about all the progress that has been made, fiber-wise at my house. Saturday night I had to be at work at 6pm. I left Sunday morning around 6am. We had some patching to do that we expected to take about 5 hours, so the company footed the bill for this:



Rooms at the Renaissance so we could get some sack time while we waited. That was pretty cool. Not that we had much time to enjoy them. Oh, and our boss bought us dinner at Houlihan's. I had the veggie flatbread pizza -- yummy!!

The other night Emma decided to help me pick out some novelty fabric for a small project bag.



She's such a helpful girl! The pattern for the as-yet-unstarted bag is in Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller, but I think I'm going to modify it a bit. For starters, I'm not going to put the S'nB patch on the front. I also think I'm going to make them (I plan to make at least a couple) smaller than the pattern, so they'll be a nice size for washcloth or sock projects. More on those later.

Tonight I'm going play with my lonely embroidery machine. I have three pillowcases to embroider for the local children's home. Tomorrow is a sit & stitch and the "pillowcase lady" is usuallythere. I thought I'd try being ahead of the curve this time around, instead of waiting till the last minute. What a novel concept. :) I also might try to embroider the center patch for the tote bag I plan to make out of the Quilt Diva charm pack I bought last month. We'll see how much I get done.

Finally, I leave you with this:



Doesn't that look like the hallway from a nightmare? The kind you run down and can never get to the end of it? I have a meeting every Wenesday afternoon in a room off that hallway. Freaks me out a little every time.

No comments: